Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Taco Soup

I just got this from a girl at my work. It looks easy and is apparently delicious.

1 tsp garlic powder
1 t ground cumin
6 c chicken broth
16 oz. jar mild chunky salsa (or HOT salsa)
15 oz. can corn, drained
15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 c cilantro, chopped
1 bag tortilla chips (or fritos)
cheddar cheese, shredded
sour cream
(for more oomph, add 2 c of chicken)

In a large pot, combine garlic, cumin, chicken broth, salsa, corn, beans and cilantro.
Cook until heated through. Serve with chips, cheese and sour cream.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

This sounds yummy...I can't wait to try it!

Courtney said...

K...this is delish and SUPER easy! I added the chicken for the oomph and loved it!

Megan said...

This soup is very similar to the tortilla soup recipe I've been using, but this one is easier and tastes better! I used only about 4 cups of chicken broth because I like soups hearty. I also added one can of chicken (from costco) and it was delish! Thanks for sharing!

Megan said...

Ok, so this has become a regular in our house. My sisters have now replaced their old favorite tortilla soup with this one. It's the best!