Monday, January 22, 2007

Mexican Chili Lasagna

I am a little embarrassed to admit this but I got this recipe off the Rachel Ray show. I have tried it though and both my husband and I liked it, which doesn't always happen.

5 8-inch flour tortillas (I used whole weat)
1 10-ounce box frozen corn, defrosted
1 15-ounce can black beans; drained and rinsed
2 cups chili (I used turkey chili)
2-3 cup shredded cheddar cheese

preheat oven to 350 degrees

in medium bowl mix corn, black beans, and chili

heat a small skillet over medium-high heat, add a tortilla to the skillet and let it toast until it starts to slightly scorch then flip it and do the same on other side. repeat with all tortillas. place 2 toasted tortillas in bottom of 8x8 baking dish. top with 1/3 of chili mixture and 1/3 cheese. repeat 2 more times, using only one tortilla on top layer. transfer to oven for 20 minutes or until you see sides bubbling. garnish with chopped olives and cilantro.

4 servings

1 comment:

Linz said...

THAT WAS YUMMY!!!