Monday, August 31, 2009

Texas Caviar

Anther yummy one!
I served this with a Flank Steak served with hot tortillas. I put it on my steak in my tortilla. It was great.
Or as a dip for a BBQ with hamburgers and hot dogs.
Enjoy!

1 can white corn, drained
1 can black-eyed peas, drained
1/2 bunch green onion, chopped
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
4 med. tomatoes, chopped
3 avocados, chopped
1 pkg. Good Seasons Italian dressing mix-make as directed.

Mix together all ingredients and chill overnight.

Here’s a few hints for making this recipe:

I sometimes substitute the canned white corn (drained) for frozen white corn. I add 1 to 1- 1/2 cups of corn-depending on how much corn you like.

If you want this to be extra healthy then use light olive oil when making your Good Seasons Italian dressing

Happy Scooping!




No comments: